Membership Terms & Conditions
The following terms of service pertain to paying annual subscription fees for the Documentary Film Council (DFC).
When we say “we”, “us” and “our” or “Co-op”, we mean the Documentary Film Council. When we say “you” and “your”, we mean anyone who has opted to subscribe as an Ally or Member.
When we say “Ally” we mean a person that has subscribed for an annual Ally subscription.
When we say “Member” we mean a person that is a registered member of our Co-op in accordance with our Rules
As a Member you’re entitled to democratically participate in our Co-op under our Rules.
- Allyship or Membership to DFC is granted once the subscription fee has been transferred to DFC accounts and logged and confirmed by DFC staff. Subscription is confirmed in writing via email.
- Subscription fees are non-refundable. Prices are subject to change.
- Allyship/Membership grants you access to a number of benefits and discounts that will change from time to time.
- DFC reserves the right to deny, at its sole discretion, any user whatsoever access to its membership association, to a part thereof or related events, as laid out in our Rules.
You can cancel your Membership at any time by telling us. We can also remove or expel you from Membership as set out in our Rules.
If you stop being a Member for any reason we will cancel your Membership of the DFC and remove you from our Members register.
- New Allies and Members will automatically be subscribed to our newsletter, which will contain the most up-to-date information on exclusive offers and benefits for members. This information will also be regularly updated and shared on our website.
- If you wish to unsubscribe from the newsletter, please contact us with the subject Unsubscribe from Newsletter.
- The data submitted in your application form will be stored in accordance with our privacy and GDPR policies. This data is never shared with third parties unless specifically requested in writing by DFC staff and with your written permission. If you choose not to renew your membership, your data will be removed permanently from DFC’s records 12 months after the expiry of your membership. Members can however request that their data be removed from our records at any time. This may also result in a termination of the membership. Data is primarily stored to offer members services and benefits associated with DFC membership.
- The information and advice offered to members is solely compiled for general information and not meant to give advice as to the specific situation of any individual or legal entity.